WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rhythm, beat, musical rhythm, musical time
- usage: the basic rhythmic unit in a piece of music; "the piece has a fast rhythm"; "the conductor set the beat"
- 2. rhythm, regular recurrence, cyclicity, periodicity
- usage: recurring at regular intervals
- 3. cycle, rhythm, round, time interval, interval
- usage: an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs; "the never-ending cycle of the seasons"
- 4. rhythm, speech rhythm, prosody, inflection, template, templet, guide
- usage: the arrangement of spoken words alternating stressed and unstressed elements; "the rhythm of Frost's poetry"
- 5. rhythm method of birth control, rhythm method, rhythm, calendar method of birth control, calendar method, natural family planning
- usage: natural family planning in which ovulation is assumed to occur 14 days before the onset of a period (the fertile period would be assumed to extend from day 10 through day 18 of her cycle)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of rhythm (Dictionary)