- 1. revolt, rebel, arise, rise, rise up
- usage: make revolution; "The people revolted when bread prices tripled again"
- 2. disgust, gross out, revolt, repel, stimulate, excite, stir
- usage: fill with distaste; "This spoilt food disgusts me"
- 3. disgust, revolt, nauseate, sicken, churn up, repel, repulse
- usage: cause aversion in; offend the moral sense of; "The pornographic pictures sickened us"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. disgusting, disgustful, distasteful, foul, loathly, loathsome, repellent, repellant, repelling, revolting, skanky, wicked, yucky, offensive (vs. inoffensive)
- usage: highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust; "a disgusting smell"; "distasteful language"; "a loathsome disease"; "the idea of eating meat is repellent to me"; "revolting food"; "a wicked stench"
All rights reserved.
See also: revolting (Dictionary)