WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. retrieval, computer operation, machine operation
- usage: (computer science) the operation of accessing information from the computer's memory
- 2. retrieval, memory, remembering
- usage: the cognitive operation of accessing information in memory; "my retrieval of people's names is very poor"
- 3. recovery, retrieval, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act of regaining or saving something lost (or in danger of becoming lost)
All rights reserved.
See also: retrieval (Dictionary)