Synonyms of respite
- 1. reprieve, respite, relief, ease
- usage: a (temporary) relief from harm or discomfort
- 2. respite, recess, break, time out, pause
- usage: a pause from doing something (as work); "we took a 10-minute break"; "he took time out to recuperate"
- 3. suspension, respite, reprieve, hiatus, abatement, interruption, break
- usage: an interruption in the intensity or amount of something
- 4. respite, rest, relief, rest period, pause, intermission, break, interruption, suspension
- usage: a pause for relaxation; "people actually accomplish more when they take time for short rests"
- 5. reprieve, respite, clemency, mercifulness, mercy
- usage: the act of reprieving; postponing or remitting punishment
- 1. reprieve, respite, postpone, prorogue, hold over, put over, table, shelve, set back, defer, remit, put off
- usage: postpone the punishment of a convicted criminal, such as an execution
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of respite (Dictionary)