- 1. decide, settle, resolve, adjudicate, end, terminate
- usage: bring to an end; settle conclusively; "The case was decided"; "The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff"; "The father adjudicated when the sons were quarreling over their inheritance"
- 2. conclude, resolve, agree, hold, concur, concord
- usage: reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation
- 3. purpose, resolve, decide, make up one's mind, determine
- usage: reach a decision; "he resolved never to drink again"
- 4. answer, resolve, solve, work out, figure out, puzzle out, lick, work
- usage: understand the meaning of; "The question concerning the meaning of life cannot be answered"
- 5. resolve, spot, recognize, recognise, distinguish, discern, pick out, make out, tell apart
- usage: make clearly visible; "can this image be resolved?"
- 6. resolve, solve, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: find the solution; "solve an equation"; "solve for x"
- 7. dissolve, resolve, break up, change integrity
- usage: cause to go into a solution; "The recipe says that we should dissolve a cup of sugar in two cups of water"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. single-minded, resolved, resolute (vs. irresolute)
- usage: determined; "she was firmly resolved to be a doctor"; "single-minded in his determination to stop smoking"
- 2. solved (vs. unsolved), resolved
- usage: explained or answered; "mysteries solved and unsolved; problems resolved and unresolved"
All rights reserved.
See also: resolved (Dictionary)