Synonyms of represented
- 1. represent, stand for, correspond, equal, be
- usage: take the place of or be parallel or equivalent to; "Because of the sound changes in the course of history, an 'h' in Greek stands for an 's' in Latin"
- 2. typify, symbolize, symbolise, stand for, represent, mean, intend
- usage: express indirectly by an image, form, or model; be a symbol; "What does the Statue of Liberty symbolize?"
- 3. represent, be
- usage: be representative or typical for; "This period is represented by Beethoven"
- 4. represent, serve
- usage: be a delegate or spokesperson for; represent somebody's interest or be a proxy or substitute for, as of politicians and office holders representing their constituents, or of a tenant representing other tenants in a housing dispute; "I represent the silent majority"
- 5. represent, express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: serve as a means of expressing something; "The flower represents a young girl"
- 6. exemplify, represent, embody, be, personify
- usage: be characteristic of; "This compositional style is exemplified by this fugue"
- 7. constitute, represent, make up, comprise, be
- usage: form or compose; "This money is my only income"; "The stone wall was the backdrop for the performance"; "These constitute my entire belonging"; "The children made up the chorus"; "This sum represents my entire income for a year"; "These few men comprise his entire army"
- 8. defend, represent
- usage: be the defense counsel for someone in a trial; "Ms. Smith will represent the defendant"
- 9. represent, interpret, re-create
- usage: create an image or likeness of; "The painter represented his wife as a young girl"
- 10. act, play, represent, re-create
- usage: play a role or part; "Gielgud played Hamlet"; "She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role"; "She played the servant to her husband's master"
- 11. stage, present, represent, re-create
- usage: perform (a play), especially on a stage; "we are going to stage `Othello'"
- 12. represent, describe, depict, draw
- usage: describe or present, usually with respect to a particular quality; "He represented this book as an example of the Russian 19th century novel"
- 13. represent, remonstrate, point out
- usage: point out or draw attention to in protest or remonstrance; "our parents represented to us the need for more caution"
- 14. present, represent, lay out, state, say, tell
- usage: bring forward and present to the mind; "We presented the arguments to him"; "We cannot represent this knowledge to our formal reason"
- 15. map, represent, permute, commute, transpose
- usage: to establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets)
- 1. delineated (vs. undelineated), represented, delineate, depicted, pictured, portrayed, described, diagrammatic, diagrammatical
- usage: represented accurately or precisely
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.