WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. renovate, restitute, regenerate, renew
- usage: restore to a previous or better condition; "They renovated the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel"
- 2. refurbish, renovate, freshen up, regenerate, renew
- usage: make brighter and prettier; "we refurbished the guest wing"; "My wife wants us to renovate"
- 3. animate, recreate, reanimate, revive, renovate, repair, quicken, vivify, revivify, stimulate, arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk up
- usage: give new life or energy to; "A hot soup will revive me"; "This will renovate my spirits"; "This treatment repaired my health"
All rights reserved.
See also: renovate (Dictionary)