WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Renaissance, Renascence
- usage: the period of European history at the close of the Middle Ages and the rise of the modern world; a cultural rebirth from the 14th through the middle of the 17th centuries
- 2. reincarnation, rebirth, renascence, birth, nativity, nascency, nascence
- usage: a second or new birth
- 3. rebirth, Renaissance, Renascence, revival, resurgence, revitalization, revitalisation, revivification
- usage: the revival of learning and culture
All rights reserved.
See also: renascence (Dictionary)