Synonyms of reign
- 1. reign, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a period during which something or somebody is dominant or powerful; "he was helpless under the reign of his egotism"
- 2. reign, historic period, age
- usage: the period during which a monarch is sovereign; "during the reign of Henry VIII"
- 3. reign, sovereignty, dominion, rule
- usage: royal authority; the dominion of a monarch
- 1. reign, govern, rule
- usage: have sovereign power; "Henry VIII reigned for a long time"
- 2. predominate, dominate, rule, reign, prevail
- usage: be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance; "Money reigns supreme here"; "Hispanics predominate in this neighborhood"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of reign (Dictionary)