WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. regurgitate, pour
- usage: pour or rush back; "The blood regurgitates into the heart ventricle"
- 2. regurgitate, feed, give
- usage: feed through the beak by regurgitating previously swallowed food; "many birds feed their young by regurgitating what they have swallowed and carried to the nest"
- 3. regurgitate, reproduce, repeat, echo
- usage: repeat after memorization; "For the exam, you must be able to regurgitate the information"
- 4. vomit, vomit up, purge, cast, sick, cat, be sick, disgorge, regorge, retch, puke, barf, spew, spue, chuck, upchuck, honk, regurgitate, throw up, excrete, egest, eliminate, pass
- usage: eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth; "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
All rights reserved.
See also: regurgitate (Dictionary)