WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. declaim, recite, perform, execute, do
- usage: recite in elocution
- 2. recite, repeat, echo
- usage: repeat aloud from memory; "she recited a poem"; "The pupil recited his lesson for the day"
- 3. recite, retell, re-create
- usage: render verbally, "recite a poem"; "retell a story"
- 4. tell, narrate, recount, recite, inform
- usage: narrate or give a detailed account of; "Tell what happened"; "The father told a story to his child"
- 5. enumerate, recite, itemize, itemise, name, identify
- usage: specify individually; "She enumerated the many obstacles she had encountered"; "The doctor recited the list of possible side effects of the drug"
All rights reserved.
See also: recite (Dictionary)