WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. reception, response, greeting, salutation
- usage: the manner in which something is greeted; "she did not expect the cold reception she received from her superiors"
- 2. reception, party
- usage: a formal party of people; as after a wedding
- 3. reception, broadcasting
- usage: quality or fidelity of a received broadcast
- 4. reception, receipt, acquiring, getting
- usage: the act of receiving
- 5. reception, catch, grab, snatch, snap
- usage: (American football) the act of catching a pass in football; "the tight end made a great reception on the 20 yard line"
All rights reserved.
See also: reception (Dictionary)