Synonyms of ray
- 1. beam, beam of light, light beam, ray, ray of light, shaft, shaft of light, irradiation, light, visible light, visible radiation
- usage: a column of light (as from a beacon)
- 2. ray, pedicel, pedicle
- usage: a branch of an umbel or an umbelliform inflorescence
- 3. ray, vector
- usage: (mathematics) a straight line extending from a point
- 4. beam, ray, electron beam, electromagnetic radiation, electromagnetic wave, nonparticulate radiation
- usage: a group of nearly parallel lines of electromagnetic radiation
- 5. re, ray, solfa syllable
- usage: the syllable naming the second (supertonic) note of any major scale in solmization
- 6. ray, spine
- usage: any of the stiff bony spines in the fin of a fish
- 7. ray, elasmobranch, selachian
- usage: cartilaginous fishes having horizontally flattened bodies and enlarged winglike pectoral fins with gills on the underside; most swim by moving the pectoral fins
- 1. ray, emit, give out, give off
- usage: emit as rays; "That tower rays a laser beam for miles across the sky"
- 2. radiate, ray, run, go, pass, lead, extend
- usage: extend or spread outward from a center or focus or inward towards a center; "spokes radiate from the hub of the wheel"; "This plants radiate spines in all directions"
- 3. irradiate, ray, process, treat
- usage: expose to radiation; "irradiate food"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ray (Dictionary)