Synonyms of ravening
- 1. raven, seize
- usage: obtain or seize by violence
- 2. raven, prey, predate, forage
- usage: prey on or hunt for; "These mammals predate certain eggs"
- 3. devour, guttle, raven, pig, eat
- usage: eat greedily; "he devoured three sandwiches"
- 4. raven, feed, eat
- usage: feed greedily; "The lions ravened the bodies"
- 1. predatory, rapacious, raptorial, ravening, vulturine, vulturous, aggressive (vs. unaggressive)
- usage: living by preying on other animals especially by catching living prey; "a predatory bird"; "the rapacious wolf"; "raptorial birds"; "ravening wolves"; "a vulturine taste for offal"
- 2. rapacious, ravening, voracious, acquisitive (vs. unacquisitive)
- usage: excessively greedy and grasping; "a rapacious divorcee on the prowl"; "ravening creditors"; "paying taxes to voracious governments"
- 3. edacious, esurient, rapacious, ravening, ravenous, voracious, wolfish, gluttonous (vs. abstemious)
- usage: devouring or craving food in great quantities; "edacious vultures"; "a rapacious appetite"; "ravenous as wolves"; "voracious sharks"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ravening (Dictionary)