Synonyms of rate
- 1. rate, magnitude relation, quantitative relation
- usage: a magnitude or frequency relative to a time unit; "they traveled at a rate of 55 miles per hour"; "the rate of change was faster than expected"
- 2. rate, charge per unit, charge
- usage: amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis; "a 10-minute phone call at that rate would cost $5"
- 3. pace, rate, temporal property
- usage: the relative speed of progress or change; "he lived at a fast pace"; "he works at a great rate"; "the pace of events accelerated"
- 4. rate, proportion
- usage: a quantity or amount or measure considered as a proportion of another quantity or amount or measure; "the literacy rate"; "the retention rate"; "the dropout rate"
- 1. rate, rank, range, order, grade, place, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- 2. rate, be
- usage: be worthy of or have a certain rating; "This bond rates highly"
- 3. rate, value, measure, evaluate, valuate, assess, appraise, value
- usage: estimate the value of; "How would you rate his chances to become President?"; "Gold was rated highly among the Romans"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of rate (Dictionary)