Synonyms of queens
- 1. Queens
- usage: a borough of New York City
- 1. Queens
- usage: the only fertile female in a colony of social insects such as bees and ants and termites; its function is to lay eggs
- 2. queen, insect
- usage: a female sovereign ruler
- 3. queen, queen regnant, female monarch, female aristocrat
- usage: the wife or widow of a king
- 4. queen, female aristocrat
- usage: something personified as a woman who is considered the best or most important of her kind; "Paris is the queen of cities"; "the queen of ocean liners"
- 5. queen, personification
- usage: a competitor who holds a preeminent position
- 6. king, queen, world-beater, rival, challenger, competitor, competition, contender
- usage: offensive term for an openly homosexual man
- 7. fagot, faggot, fag, fairy, nance, pansy, queen, queer, poof, poove, pouf, gay man, shirtlifter
- usage: one of four face cards in a deck bearing a picture of a queen
- 8. queen, face card, picture card, court card
- usage: (chess) the most powerful piece
- 9. queen, chessman, chess piece
- usage: an especially large mole rat and the only member of a colony of naked mole rats to bear offspring which are sired by only a few males
- 10. queen, queen mole rat, naked mole rat
- usage: female cat
- 1. queen, promote
- usage: promote to a queen, as of a pawn in chess
- 2. queen, promote
- usage: become a queen; "her pawn queened"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of queens (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.