Synonyms of qualified
- 1. qualify, measure up, suffice, do, answer, serve
- usage: prove capable or fit; meet requirements
- 2. qualify, pronounce, label, judge
- usage: pronounce fit or able; "She was qualified to run the marathon"; "They nurses were qualified to administer the injections"
- 3. qualify, restrict, modify
- usage: make more specific; "qualify these remarks"
- 4. qualify, dispose, prepare, groom, train
- usage: make fit or prepared; "Your education qualifies you for this job"
- 5. stipulate, qualify, condition, specify, contract, undertake
- usage: specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement; "The will stipulates that she can live in the house for the rest of her life"; "The contract stipulates the dates of the payments"
- 6. qualify, characterize, characterise, remember, think of
- usage: describe or portray the character or the qualities or peculiarities of; "You can characterize his behavior as that of an egotist"; "This poem can be characterized as a lament for a dead lover"
- 7. modify, qualify, add
- usage: add a modifier to a constituent
- 1. qualified (vs. unqualified), well-qualified, competent, eligible
- usage: meeting the proper standards and requirements and training for an office or position or task; "many qualified applicants for the job"
- 2. qualified (vs. unqualified), conditional, hedged, weasel-worded, limited, modified, conditional, modified
- usage: limited or restricted; not absolute; "gave only qualified approval"
- 3. certified, qualified, registered (vs. unregistered)
- usage: holding appropriate documentation and officially on record as qualified to perform a specified function or practice a specified skill; "a registered pharmacist"; "a registered hospital"
- 4. restricted, qualified, modified (vs. unmodified)
- usage: restricted in meaning; (as e.g. `man' in `a tall man')
- 5. dependent, dependant, qualified, conditional (vs. unconditional)
- usage: contingent on something else
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of qualified (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.