WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. putrefaction, rot, decay
- usage: a state of decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor
- 2. decomposition, rot, rotting, putrefaction, decay
- usage: (biology) the process of decay caused by bacterial or fungal action
- 3. corruption, degeneracy, depravation, depravity, putrefaction, immorality
- usage: moral perversion; impairment of virtue and moral principles; "the luxury and corruption among the upper classes"; "moral degeneracy followed intellectual degeneration"; "its brothels, its opium parlors, its depravity"; "Rome had fallen into moral putrefaction"
All rights reserved.
See also: putrefaction (Dictionary)