Synonyms of put out
- 1. putout, out
- usage: an out resulting from a fielding play (not a strikeout); "the first baseman made 15 putouts"
- 1. trouble, put out, inconvenience, disoblige, discommode, incommode, bother, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: to cause inconvenience or discomfort to; "Sorry to trouble you, but..."
- 2. put out, produce, make, create
- usage: put out considerable effort; "He put out the same for seven managers"
- 3. smother, put out, snuff out, extinguish
- usage: deprive of the oxygen necessary for combustion; "smother fires"
- 4. exsert, stretch out, put out, extend, hold out, stretch forth, gesticulate, gesture, motion
- usage: thrust or extend out; "He held out his hand"; "point a finger"; "extend a hand"; "the bee exserted its sting"
- 5. douse, put out, snuff out, blow out, extinguish, quench
- usage: put out, as of a candle or a light; "Douse the lights"
- 6. put out, be
- usage: be sexually active; "She is supposed to put out"
- 7. put out, retire, toy, fiddle, diddle, play
- usage: cause to be out on a fielding play
- 8. put out, play
- usage: retire; "he was put out at third base on a long throw from left field"
- 9. publish, bring out, put out, issue, release, publicize, publicise, air, bare
- usage: prepare and issue for public distribution or sale; "publish a magazine or newspaper"
- 10. anesthetize, anaesthetize, anesthetise, anaesthetise, put under, put out, drug, dose
- usage: administer an anesthetic drug to; "The patient must be anesthetized before the operation"; "anesthetize the gum before extracting the teeth"
All rights reserved.