Synonyms of put in
- 1. Putin, Vladimir Putin, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin
- usage: Russian statesman chosen as president of the Russian Federation in 2000; formerly director of the Federal Security Bureau (born in 1952)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. insert, enclose, inclose, stick in, put in, introduce, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: introduce; "Insert your ticket here"
- 2. store, hive away, lay in, put in, salt away, stack away, stash away, keep, hold on
- usage: keep or lay aside for future use; "store grain for the winter"; "The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn't eat"
- 3. chime in, cut in, put in, butt in, chisel in, barge in, break in, interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off
- usage: break into a conversation; "her husband always chimes in, even when he is not involved in the conversation"
- 4. install, instal, put in, set up, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: set up for use; "install the washer and dryer"; "We put in a new sink"
- 5. put in, submit, apply
- usage: make an application as for a job or funding; "We put in a grant to the NSF"
- 6. interject, come in, interpose, put in, throw in, inject, interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off
- usage: to insert between other elements; "She interjected clever remarks"
All rights reserved.