Synonyms of purse
- 1. bag, handbag, pocketbook, purse, container
- usage: a container used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women); "she reached into her bag and found a comb"
- 2. purse, sum, sum of money, amount, amount of money
- usage: a sum of money spoken of as the contents of a money purse; "he made the contribution out of his own purse"; "he and his wife shared a common purse"
- 3. purse, bag
- usage: a small bag for carrying money
- 4. purse, sum, sum of money, amount, amount of money
- usage: a sum of money offered as a prize; "the purse barely covered the winner's expenses"
- 1. purse, round, round out, round off
- usage: contract one's lips into a rounded shape
- 2. purse, wrinkle, contract
- usage: gather or contract into wrinkles or folds; pucker; "purse ones's lips"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of purse (Dictionary)