- 1. intent, purport, spirit, meaning, significance, signification, import
- usage: the intended meaning of a communication
- 2. drift, purport, tenor, strain
- usage: the pervading meaning or tenor; "caught the general drift of the conversation"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. purport, claim
- usage: have the often specious appearance of being, intending, or claiming; "The letter purports to express people's opinion"
- 2. aim, purpose, purport, propose, intend, mean, think
- usage: propose or intend; "I aim to arrive at noon"
All rights reserved.
See also: purport (Dictionary)