- 1. purple, purpleness, chromatic color, chromatic colour, spectral color, spectral colour
- usage: a purple color or pigment
- 2. purple, nobility, noblesse
- usage: of imperial status; "he was born to the purple"
- 1. purple, discolor, discolour, colour, color
- usage: become purple
- 2. purple, empurple, purpurate, color, colorize, colorise, colourise, colourize, colour, color in, colour in
- usage: color purple
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. purple, violet, purplish, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of a color intermediate between red and blue
- 2. empurpled, over-embellished, purple, rhetorical (vs. unrhetorical)
- usage: excessively elaborate or showily expressed; "a writer of empurpled literature"; "many purple passages"; "an over-embellished story of the fish that got away"
- 3. imperial, majestic, purple, regal, royal, noble (vs. lowborn)
- usage: belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler; "golden age of imperial splendor"; "purple tyrant"; "regal attire"; "treated with royal acclaim"; "the royal carriage of a stag's head"
All rights reserved.
See also: purple (Dictionary)