- 1. hood, hoodlum, goon, punk, thug, tough, toughie, strong-armer, criminal, felon, crook, outlaw, malefactor
- usage: an aggressive and violent young criminal
- 2. punk, igniter, ignitor, lighter
- usage: substance that smolders when ignited; used to light fuses (especially fireworks)
- 3. kindling, tinder, touchwood, spunk, punk, igniter, ignitor, lighter
- usage: material for starting a fire
- 4. punk rocker, punk, adolescent, stripling, teenager, teen
- usage: a teenager or young adult who is a performer (or enthusiast) of punk rock and a member of the punk youth subculture
- 5. punk rock, punk, rock 'n' roll, rock'n'roll, rock-and-roll, rock and roll, rock, rock music
- usage: rock music with deliberately offensive lyrics expressing anger and social alienation; in part a reaction against progressive rock
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bum, cheap, cheesy, chintzy, crummy, punk, sleazy, tinny, inferior (vs. superior)
- usage: of very poor quality; flimsy
All rights reserved.
See also: punk (Dictionary)