WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. punctuate, mark, add
- usage: insert punctuation marks into
- 2. stress, emphasize, emphasise, punctuate, accent, accentuate, express, show, evince
- usage: to stress, single out as important; "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet"
- 3. punctuate, interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off
- usage: interrupt periodically; "Her sharp questions punctuated the speaker's drone"
All rights reserved.
See also: punctuate (Dictionary)