Synonyms of pumping
- 1. pump, wield, handle, manage
- usage: operate like a pump; move up and down, like a handle or a pedal; "pump the gas pedal"
- 2. pump, blast, shoot
- usage: deliver forth; "pump bullets into the dummy"
- 3. pump, draw, take out
- usage: draw or pour with a pump
- 4. pump, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: supply in great quantities; "Pump money into a project"
- 5. pump, spurt, spirt, gush, spout
- usage: flow intermittently
- 6. pump, move, displace
- usage: move up and down; "The athlete pumps weights in the gym"
- 7. pump, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: raise (gases or fluids) with a pump
- 8. pump, question, query
- usage: question persistently; "She pumped the witnesses for information"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of pumping (Dictionary)