WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. psychedelic, psychoactive (vs. nonpsychoactive), psychotropic
- usage: producing distorted sensory perceptions and feelings or altered states of awareness or sometimes states resembling psychosis; "psychedelic drugs like psilocybin and mescaline"
- 2. psychedelic, colorful (vs. colorless), colourful
- usage: having the vivid colors and bizarre patterns associated with psychedelic states; "a psychedelic painting"
- 3. psychedelic, agitated (vs. unagitated)
- usage: (of a mental state) characterized by intense and distorted perceptions and hallucinations and feelings of euphoria or sometimes despair; "a psychedelic experience"
All rights reserved.
See also: psychedelic (Dictionary)