Synonyms of pruning
- 1. pruning, cutting
- usage: something that has been pruned off of a plant
- 2. pruning, trim, trimming, clipping
- usage: the act of trimming a plant
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back, thin out
- usage: cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of; "dress the plants in the garden"
- 2. cut, prune, rationalize, rationalise, extinguish, eliminate, get rid of, do away with
- usage: weed out unwanted or unnecessary things; "We had to lose weight, so we cut the sugar from our diet"
All rights reserved.