WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. heaven-sent, providential, miraculous, fortunate (vs. unfortunate)
- usage: peculiarly fortunate or appropriate; as if by divine intervention; "a heaven-sent rain saved the crops"; "a providential recovery"
- 2. providential
- usage: relating to or characteristic of providence; "assumption that nature operates only according to a providential plan"- M.R.Cohen
- 3. providential, divine, heavenly (vs. earthly)
- usage: resulting from divine providence; "providential care"; "a providential visitation"
All rights reserved.
See also: providential (Dictionary)