Synonyms of promising
- 1. promise, assure, declare
- usage: make a promise or commitment
- 2. promise, declare
- usage: promise to undertake or give; "I promise you my best effort"
- 3. predict, foretell, prognosticate, call, forebode, anticipate, promise, guess, venture, pretend, hazard
- usage: make a prediction about; tell in advance; "Call the outcome of an election"
- 4. promise, be
- usage: give grounds for expectations; "The new results were promising"; "The results promised fame and glory"
- 1. promising, likely (vs. unlikely)
- usage: showing possibility of achievement or excellence; "a promising young man"
- 2. bright, hopeful, promising, auspicious (vs. inauspicious)
- usage: full or promise; "had a bright future in publishing"; "the scandal threatened an abrupt end to a promising political career"; "a hopeful new singer on Broadway"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of promising (Dictionary)