WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. omen, portent, presage, prognostic, prognostication, prodigy, augury, sign, foretoken, preindication
- usage: a sign of something about to happen; "he looked for an omen before going into battle"
- 2. prediction, foretelling, forecasting, prognostication, statement
- usage: a statement made about the future
- 3. prophecy, prognostication, vaticination, prediction, anticipation, prevision
- usage: knowledge of the future (usually said to be obtained from a divine source)
All rights reserved.
See also: prognostication (Dictionary)