WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. colossal, prodigious, stupendous, large (vs. small), big (vs. little)
- usage: so great in size or force or extent as to elicit awe; "colossal crumbling ruins of an ancient temple"; "has a colossal nerve"; "a prodigious storm"; "a stupendous field of grass"; "stupendous demand"
- 2. portentous, prodigious, significant (vs. insignificant), important
- usage: of momentous or ominous significance; "such a portentous...monster raised all my curiosity"- Herman Melville; "a prodigious vision"
- 3. exceeding, exceptional, olympian, prodigious, surpassing, extraordinary (vs. ordinary)
- usage: far beyond what is usual in magnitude or degree; "a night of exceeding darkness"; "an exceptional memory"; "olympian efforts to save the city from bankruptcy"; "the young Mozart's prodigious talents"
All rights reserved.
See also: prodigious (Dictionary)