WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. proclaim, entitle, title
- usage: declare formally; declare someone to be something; of titles; "He was proclaimed King"
- 2. proclaim, exclaim, promulgate, declare
- usage: state or announce; "`I am not a Communist,' he exclaimed"; "The King will proclaim an amnesty"
- 3. predicate, proclaim, assert, asseverate, maintain
- usage: affirm or declare as an attribute or quality of; "The speech predicated the fitness of the candidate to be President"
- 4. laud, extol, exalt, glorify, proclaim, praise
- usage: praise, glorify, or honor; "extol the virtues of one's children"; "glorify one's spouse's cooking"
All rights reserved.
See also: proclaim (Dictionary)