Synonyms of process
- 1. procedure, process, activity
- usage: a particular course of action intended to achieve a result; "the procedure of obtaining a driver's license"; "it was a process of trial and error"
- 2. process, cognitive process, mental process, operation, cognitive operation, cognition, knowledge, noesis
- usage: (psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents; "the process of thinking"; "the cognitive operation of remembering"
- 3. summons, process, writ, judicial writ
- usage: a writ issued by authority of law; usually compels the defendant's attendance in a civil suit; failure to appear results in a default judgment against the defendant
- 4. process, unconscious process, cognition, knowledge, noesis
- usage: a mental process that you are not directly aware of; "the process of denial"
- 5. process, outgrowth, appendage, body part
- usage: a natural prolongation or projection from a part of an organism either animal or plant; "a bony process"
- 6. process, physical process, physical entity
- usage: a sustained phenomenon or one marked by gradual changes through a series of states; "events now in process"; "the process of calcification begins later for boys than for girls"
- 1. process, treat, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition; "process cheese"; "process hair"; "treat the water so it can be drunk"; "treat the lawn with chemicals" ; "treat an oil spill"
- 2. process, manage, deal, care, handle
- usage: deal with in a routine way; "I'll handle that one"; "process a loan"; "process the applicants"
- 3. process, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: perform mathematical and logical operations on (data) according to programmed instructions in order to obtain the required information; "The results of the elections were still being processed when he gave his acceptance speech"
- 4. action, sue, litigate, process, challenge
- usage: institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against; "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"; "She actioned the company for discrimination"
- 5. march, process, walk
- usage: march in a procession; "They processed into the dining room"
- 6. work, work on, process, transform, transmute, transubstantiate
- usage: shape, form, or improve a material; "work stone into tools"; "process iron"; "work the metal"
- 7. serve, process, swear out, deliver
- usage: deliver a warrant or summons to someone; "He was processed by the sheriff"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of process (Dictionary)