- 1. probe, investigation, inquiry, enquiry, research
- usage: an inquiry into unfamiliar or questionable activities; "there was a congressional probe into the scandal"
- 2. probe, surgical instrument
- usage: a flexible slender surgical instrument with a blunt end that is used to explore wounds or body cavities
- 3. probe, exploration
- usage: an exploratory action or expedition
- 4. probe, research
- usage: an investigation conducted using a flexible surgical instrument to explore an injury or a body cavity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. probe, examine, investigate, look into
- usage: question or examine thoroughly and closely
- 2. probe, dig into, poke into, penetrate, perforate
- usage: examine physically with or as if with a probe; "probe an anthill"
All rights reserved.
See also: probe (Dictionary)