- 1. probate, probate will, certificate, certification, credential, credentials
- usage: a judicial certificate saying that a will is genuine and conferring on the executors the power to administer the estate
- 2. probate, validation, proof, substantiation
- usage: the act of proving that an instrument purporting to be a will was signed and executed in accord with legal requirements
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. probate, postpone, prorogue, hold over, put over, table, shelve, set back, defer, remit, put off
- usage: put a convicted person on probation by suspending his sentence
- 2. probate, validate, formalize, formalise
- usage: establish the legal validity of (wills and other documents)
All rights reserved.
See also: probate (Dictionary)