Synonyms of prize
- 1. prize, award, gift
- usage: something given for victory or superiority in a contest or competition or for winning a lottery; "the prize was a free trip to Europe"
- 2. loot, booty, pillage, plunder, prize, swag, dirty money, stolen property
- usage: goods or money obtained illegally
- 3. trophy, prize, award, accolade, honor, honour, laurels
- usage: something given as a token of victory
- 1. prize, value, treasure, appreciate, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: hold dear; "I prize these old photographs"
- 2. pry, prise, prize, lever, jimmy, open, open up
- usage: to move or force, especially in an effort to get something open; "The burglar jimmied the lock": "Raccoons managed to pry the lid off the garbage pail"
- 3. respect, esteem, value, prize, prise, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: regard highly; think much of; "I respect his judgement"; "We prize his creativity"
- 1. choice, prime(prenominal), prize, quality, select, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: of superior grade; "choice wines"; "prime beef"; "prize carnations"; "quality paper"; "select peaches"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of prize (Dictionary)