WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pry, prise, prize, lever, jimmy, open, open up
- usage: to move or force, especially in an effort to get something open; "The burglar jimmied the lock": "Raccoons managed to pry the lid off the garbage pail"
- 2. pry, prise, extort, wring from
- usage: make an uninvited or presumptuous inquiry; "They pried the information out of him"
- 3. respect, esteem, value, prize, prise, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: regard highly; think much of; "I respect his judgement"; "We prize his creativity"
All rights reserved.
See also: prise (Dictionary)