- 1. print, written communication, written language, black and white
- usage: the text appearing in a book, newspaper, or other printed publication; "I want to see it in print"
- 2. print, graphic art
- usage: a picture or design printed from an engraving
- 3. mark, print, indication, indicant
- usage: a visible indication made on a surface; "some previous reader had covered the pages with dozens of marks"; "paw prints were everywhere"
- 4. print, handiness, accessibility, availability, availableness
- usage: availability in printed form; "we've got to get that story into print"; "his book is no longer in print"
- 5. print, copy
- usage: a copy of a movie on film (especially a particular version of it)
- 6. print, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: a fabric with a dyed pattern pressed onto it (usually by engraved rollers)
- 7. photographic print, print, photograph, photo, exposure, picture, pic
- usage: a printed picture produced from a photographic negative
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. print, publish, produce, make, create
- usage: put into print; "The newspaper published the news of the royal couple's divorce"; "These news should not be printed"
- 2. print, write
- usage: write as if with print; not cursive
- 3. print, reproduce
- usage: make into a print; "print the negative"
- 4. print, impress, write
- usage: reproduce by printing
All rights reserved.
See also: print (Dictionary)