Synonyms of pretended
- 1. feign, sham, pretend, affect, dissemble, misrepresent, belie
- usage: make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill"; "He shammed a headache"
- 2. dissemble, pretend, act
- usage: behave unnaturally or affectedly; "She's just acting"
- 3. pretend, claim, lay claim, arrogate
- usage: put forward a claim and assert right or possession of; "pretend the title of King"
- 4. guess, venture, pretend, hazard, speculate
- usage: put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation; "I am guessing that the price of real estate will rise again"; "I cannot pretend to say that you are wrong"
- 5. make, pretend, make believe, act, play, represent
- usage: represent fictitiously, as in a play, or pretend to be or act like; "She makes like an actress"
- 6. profess, pretend, claim
- usage: state insincerely; "He professed innocence but later admitted his guilt"; "She pretended not to have known the suicide bomber"; "She pretends to be an expert on wine"
- 1. assumed, false, fictitious, fictive, pretended, put on, sham, counterfeit (vs. genuine), imitative
- usage: adopted in order to deceive; "an assumed name"; "an assumed cheerfulness"; "a fictitious address"; "fictive sympathy"; "a pretended interest"; "a put-on childish voice"; "sham modesty"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of pretended (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.