WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. assume, presume, take for granted, expect, anticipate
- usage: take to be the case or to be true; accept without verification or proof; "I assume his train was late"
- 2. make bold, dare, presume, act, move
- usage: take upon oneself; act presumptuously, without permission; "How dare you call my lawyer?"
- 3. presume, testify, bear witness, prove, evidence, show
- usage: constitute reasonable evidence for; "A restaurant bill presumes the consumption of food"
- 4. presume, act, behave, do
- usage: take liberties or act with too much confidence
All rights reserved.
See also: presume (Dictionary)