WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. premature (vs. full-term), immature
- usage: born after a gestation period of less than the normal time; "a premature infant"
- 2. previous(predicate), premature, early (vs. middle) (vs. late)
- usage: too soon or too hasty; "our condemnation of him was a bit previous"; "a premature judgment"
- 3. premature, untimely, early (vs. middle) (vs. late)
- usage: uncommonly early or before the expected time; "illness led to his premature death"; "alcohol brought him to an untimely end"
All rights reserved.
See also: premature (Dictionary)