WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. precedence, precedency, priority, high status
- usage: status established in order of importance or urgency; "...its precedence as the world's leading manufacturer of pharmaceuticals"; "national independence takes priority over class struggle"
- 2. priority, antecedence, antecedency, anteriority, precedence, precedency, earliness
- usage: preceding in time
- 3. precession, precedence, precedency, activity
- usage: the act of preceding in time or order or rank (as in a ceremony)
All rights reserved.
See also: precedency (Dictionary)