Synonyms of precede
- 1. predate, precede, forego, forgo, antecede, antedate
- usage: be earlier in time; go back further; "Stone tools precede bronze tools"
- 2. precede, predate, lie
- usage: come before; "Most English adjectives precede the noun they modify"
- 3. precede, come before
- usage: be the predecessor of; "Bill preceded John in the long line of Susan's husbands"
- 4. precede, lead, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move ahead (of others) in time or space
- 5. precede, preface, premise, introduce, state, say, tell
- usage: furnish with a preface or introduction; "She always precedes her lectures with a joke"; "He prefaced his lecture with a critical remark about the institution"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of precede (Dictionary)