WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. precaution, safeguard, guard, measure, step
- usage: a precautionary measure warding off impending danger or damage or injury etc.; "he put an ice pack on the injury as a precaution"; "an insurance policy is a good safeguard"; "we let our guard down"
- 2. precaution, circumspection, caution
- usage: the trait of practicing caution in advance
- 3. caution, precaution, care, forethought, judiciousness
- usage: judiciousness in avoiding harm or danger; "he exercised caution in opening the door"; "he handled the vase with care"
All rights reserved.
See also: precaution (Dictionary)