- 1. Praetorian Guard, Praetorian, bodyguard, escort
- usage: a member of the Praetorian Guard
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. praetorian, praetorial, pretorian, pretorial
- usage: of or relating to a Roman praetor; "praetorial powers"
- 2. Praetorian, Pretorian, corrupt (vs. incorrupt)
- usage: characteristic of or similar to the corruptible soldiers in the Praetorian Guard with respect to corruption or political venality; "a large Praetorian bureaucracy filled with ambitious...and often sycophantic people makes work and makes trouble"- Arthur M.Schlesinger Jr.
All rights reserved.
See also: praetorian (Dictionary)