WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. portray, represent
- usage: portray in words; "The book portrays the actor as a selfish person"
- 2. portray, depict, limn, represent, interpret
- usage: make a portrait of; "Goya wanted to portray his mistress, the Duchess of Alba"
- 3. impersonate, portray, act, play, represent
- usage: assume or act the character of; "She impersonates Madonna"; "The actor portrays an elderly, lonely man"
- 4. portray, present, represent, interpret
- usage: represent abstractly, for example in a painting, drawing, or sculpture; "The father is portrayed as a good-looking man in this painting"
All rights reserved.
See also: portray (Dictionary)