- 1. pommel, handle, grip, handgrip, hold
- usage: a handgrip that a gymnast uses when performing exercises on a pommel horse
- 2. pommel, saddlebow, handle, grip, handgrip, hold
- usage: handgrip formed by the raised front part of a saddle
- 3. knob, pommel, decoration, ornament, ornamentation
- usage: an ornament in the shape of a ball on the hilt of a sword or dagger
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pummel, pommel, biff, hit
- usage: strike, usually with the fist; "The pedestrians pummeled the demonstrators"
All rights reserved.
See also: pommel (Dictionary)