WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. polymorphous, polymorphic
- usage: relating to the crystallization of a compound in two or more different forms; "polymorphous crystallization"
- 2. polymorphic, polymorphous
- usage: relating to the occurrence of more than one kind of individual (independent of sexual differences) in an interbreeding population; "a polymorphic species"
- 3. polymorphic, polymorphous, multiform (vs. uniform)
- usage: having or occurring in several distinct forms; "man is both polymorphic and polytypic"; "a polymorphous god"
All rights reserved.
See also: polymorphous (Dictionary)