WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. polymorphism, organic phenomenon
- usage: (genetics) the genetic variation within a population that natural selection can operate on
- 2. polymorphism, pleomorphism, chemical phenomenon
- usage: (chemistry) the existence of different kinds of crystal of the same chemical compound
- 3. polymorphism, organic phenomenon
- usage: (biology) the existence of two or more forms of individuals within the same animal species (independent of sex differences)
All rights reserved.
See also: polymorphism (Dictionary)